Physical therapy software programs make it easy for patients and medical practitioners to share information with meaningful records readily available at the point of care. With a complete access to accurate data and information, PTs can do a better job of managing patient outcome, reduce and prevent medical errors, and eventually improve patient care.
Here is how a PT software program can help enrich patient care:
1) PT software program can aid in diagnosis
With a proper EMR software in place, you can have reliable access to a patient’s healthcare information. This can help provide diagnosis sooner and provide better patient care.
- Keeps a record of a patient’s medication or allergies to help avoid any conflicts with new medications.
- Stores information about a patient’s life-threatening allergy so that medical care providers can make confident decisions during emergencies.
- Helps systematically identify and rectify any operational problems, leading to better patient care in future.
- Gathers all relevant data at point of care such as x-ray reports, patient information, diagnosis, etc, for making quick decisions.
2) Increased patient engagement
With the development of physical therapy documentation software, patients can now electronically access their medical records and test results, and also better manage the waiting list. The software helps patients to track their appointment and easily schedule their next appointment, thus improving accessibility for patients by their healthcare providers.
With a simple Re-book column, providers at a glance can view who needs to be rescheduled according to the progress of the treatment, and create immediate reminders for the patients who need be back on the schedule. This helps to remember any important treatment or patient without fail.
3) Support better decision making
Physical therapy software programs can help providers make effective and efficient decisions about patient care, through:
- Enabling evidence-based decisions at the point of care
- Considering all aspects of a patient’s condition before deciding a treatment
- Developing processes to safeguard against any potential adverse decision
- Better analysis and communication of patient information
4) Manage appointments
In today’s age of technology development, managing appointments based on a paper-based system is an obsolete notion. Moreover, it potentially leads to misplacement of information, natural disasters, and lost patient records, leaving patients in a lurch. With the right EMR, physical therapists can effortlessly schedule an appointment, manage multiple schedules, color-code their appointment, manage multiple location appointments, and send automatic reminders to the patient for improving patient care.
Not only does this help save time and money with the decrease in no-show through a faultless scheduling system, but it also ensures your patients do not miss their appointments, which leads to increased patient satisfaction.
5) Capture patient demographics
An efficient physical therapy management software program gathers all the information about your patient, including, names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance information, and more, in a secure, cloud-based system. It enables you to access any patient’s information, in a matter of seconds with just a few clicks, helping you save your patient’s time.