With technology growing by leaps and bounds, there are many great tools available to help you accomplish specific clinical tasks with an everyday ease. An app can be a savvy tool to bridge the internet gap by making information and data available at the point of service.
Here are the top 5 best apps out there for physical therapists:
1) StarT Back: This is a free prognostic app designed by Keele University to help clinicians and therapist identify the risk factors associated with the back pain. It uses a simple tool to match the risk level to treatment methods appropriate for that pain. It helps to decrease disability from pain and also help save money by making better use of health resources.
2) ICD10 Consult 2016: This free app allows the users to search ICD10-CM resource at their fingertips and also review the chapter and section instructions as well as coding guidelines. With ICD10, PTs no longer have to flip through a bulky book or search to look for a specific code, as the app makes browsing by chapters, section, or subsection within specific hierarchies very simple and stress-free. (Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.)
3) Muscle Premium – A premium 3D guide to the anatomy of bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, and bursae. It is especially useful to the physical therapists, orthopedic specialists, and students to learn about bony landmarks, blood supply, and muscle attachments. It also provides a step-by-step presentation of common pathologies and dozens of models to depict the most common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. In addition to this, users can also test their knowledge with dozens of bone and muscle quizzes.( Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It’s free on Android devices.)
4) Goniometer: This iPhone app helps to measure angles to ensure that an object rotates to a specific point. One of the most common uses is its ability to measure a patient’s range-of-motion (ROM) for a specific joint. This measurement can be used to measure the extent of a patient’s injury and also the expected time for their recovery.
5) CORE: Clinical Orthopedic Exam priced at $39.99 is a portable, expert reference tool for effectively diagnosing orthopedic disorders and musculoskeletal ailments. It offers more than 400 clinical tests with a detailed description, video demonstration, diagnostic properties, medical references, and more. With functional, relevant testing for each exam, this is a nifty app for making evidence-based, clinical diagnosis.
Want another way to make technology work for your PT practice?
See how the right physical therapy documentation software makes scheduling, documentation, practice management, and billing better? With an effective Practice management software in place, you can increase your profits, increase the efficiency of patient care, and positively impact your credibility in the market.